When you think about kale, you either scrunch up your face and say "yuck" or you get really excited - well, I have something to tell you! This salad will change your perceptions on kale forever! This kale salad is quite literally, "out of this world," and tastes rather incredible (if I do say so myself).
As we all know, kale is one of the most nutrient dense lettuces on the planet! It contains a hefty amount of iron, calcium, manganese, and Vitamin's A, C & K. Not to mention it is loaded with fibre, so it helps prevent constipation and pushes out toxic waste matter to allow better overall digestion (as well as improved nutrient absorption).
If you want a satisfyingly awesome meal, make this salad and pair it with my go-to zucchini pasta or zucchini lasagna! Bon appetit!
- 1 large bunch of kale, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup dill, chopped finely
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon, juiced (save juice)
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup raw pine nuts (found in any health-food store)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (unsweetened, or sweetened with fruit juice)
- 1-2 celery stalks, diced finely
1. Massage kale, parsley, dill, avocado, lemon, cumin & cayenne pepper for about 5-10 minutes. This method will help break down the kale and prevent it from being so tough
2. Add to this: pine nuts, cranberries & celery