Apples are one of the most medicinal fruits out there! They contain beneficial amino-acids like cysteine, glycine, arginine, histidine, isoleucine, lysine, serene, valine, and methionine. They are also rich in minerals like potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, iron and calcium, and contain a hefty serving of fibre to help regulate the digestive tract and reduce the chance of developing colon cancer later in life.
Here are 14 Major Benefits of Apples!
1. Anti-inflammatory of the digestive tract
2. Anti-acid, and useful for nausea or vomiting
3. Anti-diarrheal and soft laxative
4. Anti-flatulence, and a great regulator of the intestine
5. Diuretic and depurative, and helps with the treatment of kidney related diseases
6. Anti-catarrh and helps with cases of bronchitis or chronic cough
9. Reduces high blood pressure in cases of hypertension
10. Sedative, and great for consuming before sleep
11. Helps reduce fever
12. Improves hearing loss due to minerals like potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese
13. Helps to reduce the side effects of hay fever
14. Help individuals quit smoking by making the smoke itself, not pleasant to be around (i.e., smell)
- 4-5 granny smith apples (or whatever apple you have on hand)
- 1 lime, peeled if not organic
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
Juice the above ingredients in a juicer, such as the Omega, and enjoy immediately to prevent oxidation.