Who needs cows milk when you can drink banana milk!? This recipe is a great substitution for those of you who are avid cereal munchers! Why would you want to substitute banana milk for regular cows milk?
- Overcome depression due to high tryptophan levels which are converted to serotonin (the happy chemical) in the brain
- Regulate blood sugar levels
- Protect against muscle cramps thanks to high potassium levels
- Counteract calcium loss during urination & therefore build stronger bones
- Improve your mood & PMS symptoms
- Reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes and aid in weight loss
- Strengthen the blood and relieve anemia due to high iron levels
- Lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke
- Aid digestion & chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body
- Stimulate growth of friendly bacteria in the gut & produce digestive enzymes to assist in nutrient absorption
- Normalize bowel movements (especially for those who are constipated)
- Relieve heartburn and acid reflux
- Relieve stomach ulcers
Cows milk kind of does the opposite...
- Increases risk of developing osteoporosis later in life (due to high protein/acid levels - results in leaching of calcium & magnesium from bones to help buffer high acid level and make body more alkaline)
- Many dairy products contain bovine growth hormone (rBGH/rBST), which has been linked to breast, colon and prostate cancer
- Milk contains over 135 million pus cells (yes, pus, that gross stuff that comes out of infected wounds. 100% FDA approved)
- Dairy products are loaded with antibiotics
- Incredibly high in cholesterol (over 51 milligrams per cup)
- High in fat
- Results in bodily inflammation and thus causes a host of diseases and illnesses
- Mucus-causing, and results in lots of phlegm production. Mucus also coats fine cilia in our intestinal tract and prevents us from absorbing nutrients from the foods we eat
- 3 ripe spotty bananas
- 2-3 cups filtered water or young thai coconut water (for a little extra flavour and electrolyte boost)
- Optional: pinch of vanilla
Blend the above ingredients in a blender such as the Vitamix until smooth. You may add more or less water depending on the consistency you want your banana milk to be.
You can use this milk in substitution of cow's milk in almost any cereal, or you can drink it as you would a regular glass of milk. Enjoy!