This smoothie is great if you are in a hurry and need to make something quick and easy (and incredibly healthy too!). The sweet, golden flavour of the mango paired with orange is wildly vibrant, and the key lime takes it up a notch to help revitalize and charge your cells!
This smoothie is not only delicious, but it is the perfect amount of citrus and tang to get me going through the day, and prevents me from starving in the morning if I am short on time. I like to eat nutrient-dense foods, so that the signals in my brain telling my stomach I am hungry will shut off (when you eat empty-calorie foods, these signals rarely, if ever, shut off, because they are stripped of nutrients that your body needs and requires).
Benefits of consuming mango and orange:
- Prevents cancer (colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers)
- Lowers cholesterol (high in pectin, fiber and vitamin C to lower serum cholesterol levels)
- Clears the skin (clears clogged pores & eliminates pimples)
- Improves eye health (rich in vitamin A for nourishing the eyes & preventing night blindness)
- Alkalizes the whole body (maintains alkali reserve of the body)
- Improved digestion (enzymes and fiber rich)
- Boosts immune system (vitamins C, A, and 25 different carotenoids to keep immune strength high)
If you want an amazing blender, I highly suggest you purchase a vitamix! It makes the smoothest, most creamiest smoothies, raw soups and sauces I have ever experienced! If you purchase a vitamix through Live Love Fruit, you will get FREE shipping and handling! Click HERE to purchase.
- 2 large mangos, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 key limes, juiced
- 1 cup young thai coconut water
Blend everything together for 10-20 seconds, using the pulse-blend method, and enjoy!