Guacamole is a great way to incorporate heart-healthy avocado into your diet! The benefits of avocado are endless, such as:
- Antioxidant booster: contain the master antioxidant "glutathione" which boosts your body's immune system and keeps your nervous system healthy
- Protects your eyes: avocado's are rich in lutein which is necessary to keep your eyes healthy and prevent age-related macular degeneration
- Cardiovascular health: avocado's contain oleic acid which improves cardiovascular health. Vitamin B6 and folic acid control homocysteine levels which are linked to increased risk of heart disease
- High fiber content: avocados contain more natural fiber than any other fruit! This high fiber content aids in digestion and helps regulate blood sugar
- Helps absorb nutrients: eating avocados with other vegetables helps your body absorb 3-5 times more carotenoid antioxidant molecules in those foods!
If you want an amazing blender, I highly suggest you purchase a vitamix! It makes the smoothest, most creamiest smoothies, raw soups and sauces I have ever experienced! If you purchase a vitamix through Live Love Fruit, you will get FREE shipping and handling! Click HERE to purchase.
- 1 - 2 ripe avocados, mashed
- 1-2 tomatoes, de-seeded and chopped finely
- 1/4 cup finely diced cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1-2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1 lime, squeezed
Add all of the above ingredients together in a bowl and stir to mix. Enjoy with chopped vegetables, or as a spread for lettuce bowls :)